Earth Day is Every Day at The Deva Shop
Earth Day is every day at The Deva Shop!
It is one of our 3 Pillars for our company that we support and further our efforts for Eco-Friendly and Earth Honoring practices. We’ve researched so many companies, including the items we buy for our own home and note the huge amount of wastes and plastics that come with everything that arrives at our door. From Day 1 at The Deva Shop we decided that is not how we would run our business. We’ve researched and researched and strive daily to give back to Mother Earth and we know that you will love what we are doing too!
We offer only eco-friendly shipping with no plastics used for 100% of our shipping!
We have over 95% of our packaging for all products Plastic Free!
We go out of our way to pack and ship like this. It is more time consuming, it is more costly, but we do not pass along that cost to our customers. We could easily throw in some bubble wrap and call it a day..but we don’t, we just can’t.
Our actions shape our store and our store is a representation of our values...we so value this beautiful Earth and will honor her however we can!
If you’ve ordered anything from The Deva Shop recently, you’ve already seen this initiative in action...
Here are our current practices:
- We use 0% plastics for shipping materials.
- We use 100% compostable mailers for items that fit in mailers.
- For larger items, our boxes are made of recycled materials.
- We use a natural alternative to bubble wrap called Green Wrap made of compostable paper. It offers similar cushioning and padded protection as bubble wrap but is naturally biodegradable, compostable, SFI-certified, and fully recyclable.
We love Greenwrap because it cushions all your Deva Shop orders during transit without using any plastic whatsoever. It’s also biodegradable, compostable and recyclable.
Greenwrap is even Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certified. This certification ensures that any trees which were used to create Greenwrap is grown and harvested in ecological and ethical ways.
- We source our products so that they do not come already packaged in plastic containers with the exception of a few items such as a few prepackaged incense and our body butter.
- We use recyclable paper packaging tape that has soy based ink.
- Our business cards and other promotional materials are printed on recyclable paper.
- Our adorable branded bags that we pack many items in are made of 100% cotton and stamped with soy-based ink.
Here are our goals for the next few years:
- Carbon-offset shipping
“Increased carbon dioxide (and equivalent)—CO2e—levels are a significant and harmful contributor to climate change. From online deliveries, the logistics involved generate a huge amount of CO2—over 10% of global CO2e emissions are from transport and logistics.
Being carbon neutral means that your net release of CO2e into the atmosphere is zero.
Basically, whatever CO2e you emit is canceled out by a process known as 'offsetting'—that is, supporting projects that reduce emissions, like regenerating precious forest, replacing old equipment with more efficient technology, or even training communities in beekeeping!”
- Completely source 100% plastic free containers
More Information about our Shipping Materials:
Our shipping materials are especially designed to create what’s called a “closed-loop system.”
That means the “end-life” of this shipping material will either biodegrade and return back to the earth, or you can recycle it to create new paper for the future.
Either way, it doesn’t end up in a landfill somewhere. (Although, if it did, it would eventually biodegrade anyway.)
The beauty of using recycled materials to create these materials is they use far less energy and natural resources to create them.
Land and water resources are precious. These efforts are just one small thing we can do to help preserve the Earth’s resources long-term.
Finally, we only use recyclable paper. So feel free to recycle any Deva Shop packaging, mailers, postcards or brochures once you’re finished reading them.
Above all, we’re excited to use materials that promote the long-term sustainability of our magnificent trees, water and other precious resources around the world.
We’ll have more Earth-friendly updates like this coming soon. In the meantime, what do you think of everything we’re doing to live in harmony with the planet?
Add a comment