A concise, and delightful introduction to Vedanta, the philosophical backbone of Hinduism.
- 90 pages US paperback
Written with verve and charm by a Western nun for a Western audience, this brief book gives a comprehensive overview of Vedanta philosophy while emphasizing its practical Western application.
Table of Contents:
1. Vedanta: An Overview
2. Why Are We Unaware of our Divinity?
The Concept of Maya
3. The Problem of Suffering:
Karma and Reincarnation
4 Spiritual Practice: The Yogas
5 Spiritual Basics: Ethical and Moral Virtues
6. The Harmony of Religions: "Truth is One;
Sages Call It by Various Names"
7. The Oneness of Existence: Unity in Diversity
8. God in Human Form: The Avatar
9. Revitalization of an Ancient Philosophy:
Ramakrishna, the Ramakrishna Order,
and the Vedanta Societies
10. Suggestions for Further Reading